Here is the home loan documents checklist of common documents required for all applicants – whether you’re a Salaried Individual, Self-Employed Professional, a Business Owner, or an NRI/PIO.
1. Identity Proof: Copy of PAN Card is mandatory for all Home Loans above Rs 5 Lacs.
(If you are an NRIs/PIOs submission of PAN is preferred, but not mandatory.)
2. Address Proof: While Aadhar Card is the most preferred, a variety of address proof documents such as Passport, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Registered Leave & License Agreement, Latest Electricity Bill etc. are acceptable.
Note: i. If your permanent address is different from your local address, then address proof of both locations needs to be provided.
ii. ID and Address Proof of the applicant and all co-applicants needs to be submitted.
3. Bank Statement: Six-month bank statement of the account where your Salary/Income gets credited is required.
4. Post dated Cheques: You need to submit 6 Post dated cheques of your Bank Account.
5. Proof of other Income: If you have stated any other income such as rental income etc. for considering the home loan eligibility, then supporting documents for the same is required by the Bank. No separate document is required if rental income/other income is properly declared in your IT returns.
Income Proof of Co-Applicants needs to be provided, if their income is considered for determining the home loan eligibility.
6. Educational Qualification Proof: You need to submit your highest educational qualification certificate.
7. Loan Application Form: The format of this form varies across banks. (For Finansh Fulfilled Home Loans, our field agent helps you in properly filling this form and collects the same from your home.)
8. Photographs: 3 passport-sized photographs of all applicants are needed.
9. Property Seller KYC: If you are buying a resale property then Proof of Identity, Address, and cancelled cheque of the seller is required.